I've been a little quiet this past week because it was my checkup week.
One thing the Air Force got me in the habit of doing is having regular checkups, and I do it every year. The only difference is that since I've turned 50 they take longer. What used to be a fairly routine and simple procedure is now getting more and more complicated. They poke and prod in more places and take some of the ungodliest samples. Then there are follow ups for this or that, and what used to take maybe a half hour, now takes a couple of hours on several days during the week.
I do have a cholestrol issue, which is something I share with a lot of other southern males, and if anyone remembers from the last reunion I attended, I am also a bit... hmmm.... portly. So I have other traits I share with some of my southern peers in that I can't see my feet when I'm standing up, my belt buckle points a little too much toward the ground and I have a serious case of old man boobs.
I guess I am getting older. My body says I am, inside and out. More pills for the inside and the skin is filling up with age spots and honestly seems to look thinner. The funny thing is I don't really FEEL that much older. I feel the same now as I did when I verbally spared with Mrs Goode and Miss Mize during senior year.
Don't you?
2 comments:
As soon as reading this, I immediately stood up to see if I could see my feet.
I can still see my feet,but I think its because my toes enter the room 10 mins. before i do
Post a Comment