Lately, Brenda has been telling me things that makes me think that maybe my memory isn't all that great after all. She's not doing it intentionally of course, but when I mention something she mentions something else and it floors me that I don't remember anything about it. The last time was when I mentioned the prom she mentioned "Senior Week".
I don't remember any of it. Well, I do remember bits and pieces of graduation, but not much else. There was Class Night, I think it was called, where we walked as couples into the auditorium and there was a program that included the reading of our senior wills. I don't remember that.
I don't know if I was working or what. I can't believe I'd intentionally miss it, but who knows. I was as stubborn then as I am now. But if I did go, and if sometime one of you ladies reads this and says to yourself, "That jerk walked with me and he doesn't even remember," Please accept my humble apology. I'm sorry.
Then there was Baccalaureate Service night, a church service of sorts. I don't remember that either. Maybe I was at my usual station in the back pew. :)
If I went and had a good time, I hope someone remembers better than I do and tells me about it. If I didn't, sounds like I really missed something.
1 comment:
I remember asking my good friend, Doyle Goodson, to be my escort for Class Night. I think there were more girls than boys so some of the girls had to walk by themselves. Since I was engaged, I didn't have a chance of any boy asking to walk with me, so I took a chance and called Doyle. He was a good sport and agreed to be my escort (after I begged and threatened to cry!) I really miss Doyle at our reunions (Jackson & Class of 70). His death was a real tragedy.
Post a Comment