As I've said before, I've heard Sylvia, Donna, Brenda, Kathey and Pat say how much fun it was to get together and laugh and remember. I've also had Brenda tell me that at the meetings they have laughed so hard. Laughing when they're actually working to put this reunion together. Imagine that.
I've also heard many people say our 20th reunion was the best, and I totally agree. There were a lot of people, some I hadn't seen since we graduated, and not once did I hear anybody talking about their job or their car or any other possession. I only heard them talk about how much fun it was and how good it was to see everyone.
The reason for all this is obvious, or at least it is to me. Contrary to what we might think or do on a daily basis, it doesn't take long to look at some of those familiar faces and forget about everything else, if only for a few hours. As my oldest son used to say when he was a teenager, "I'm psyched". I can't wait to see everyone who's going to be there.
If it's five or a hundred and five, I don't care -- although the more the merrier. Because I think it's time we let our hair down and have a great big time. We couldn't party back then the way the kids can now. Going to the Bahamas on a senior trip? Are you kidding me!? Can you imagine Edward Watson or Steve Knox or Wayne Poole in the Bahamas? We're talking some serious fun here.
Okay, so we couldn't go there. We can make up for it now. We can talk, laugh, dance, laugh, sing, laugh, throw down a few drinks, and laugh some more. I'm getting more ready every day. It's time we let it all hang out. We are way overdue.
No comments:
Post a Comment