Monday, August 23, 2010

The Reunion

In a word, the reunion was great.  The location was good, the food was good and the company was excellent.  Everybody looked great.  There were some I recognized right away, others took a minute or two, and there were some I simply had no idea who they were.  I'm sure they looked at me the same way.

They set up pictures for the basketball team, football team and those who went to each feeder school.  The music was mostly played low enough we could visit and chat and there was even a few who danced a little, including the Electric Slide and the Macarena, and no, it wasn't me.

Simply put, if you didn't come you missed something.  I honestly believe that everyone there had a great time, too.

Could it have been better?  You betcha!  More people could have shown up.  That really was all that was missing.  I heard a comment someone made about not coming because they didn't "live in the past".  Well, neither do I, nor does anyone I know.  We've all got way too much to do and worry about to live that way.  In fact, nobody this side of a psychiatric ward lives in the past.  However, I do embrace my past, and I firmly believe by not doing so I can't keep my goals in line or learn from my mistakes. 

I also can't deny the years I spent in high school, either the good or the bad.  So I look forward to seeing old friends.  Particularly those I spent the 4 most important years of my life with.  Besides, I don't have so many friends that I can afford to lose any.

Lastly, the committee did a wonderful job.  They put in the hours to make sure everything was covered, and it was.  The Friday night football game was a gem of an idea and something we could not have done if they had stuck to the June date.  Personally I think any future reunions should include one when possible.  My hat is off to each of you.

Good luck and good health to everyone until we meet again.

No comments: