Sometimes I wish life had an “Undo” button. I’ve never killed anyone, or even came close, and I haven’t exactly laid waste to any of the other Commandments either. Okay, well, maybe one or two, but this isn’t meant to be a confessional, so I’m not going into detail. All I really mean is that I wish I could go back and change some things, and for some reason it seems the ones further back still bug me more than I thought they would.
I think it’s the realization that the further back I go, the less likely that I can do something to mend things. Or, maybe I just don’t want to admit that sometimes I was not a little angel. They’re not really major things, or at least I don’t think they are, but there must be some reason I still remember them. There is even the possibility that the some of the other people involved might not even remember it the way I do, if they remember it at all.
I’m not stressed over it. It’s just something that crosses my mind from time to time.
Have your taste buds changed? Based upon when and where I was raised, there are some things that I should like but I don’t.
• Black eyed peas
• Navy beans
• Rhubarb
• Turnips – although I love turnip greens
On the other hand, there are some things I do like that I would not have touched 50 years ago
• Bleu cheese
• Cottage Cheese
• Rye bread
There was a time you couldn’t get me to eat tuna, now I love it. I am the same way with onions; I used to hate them, now I put them in as many things as I can. However, I used to eat a lot of cake, and it didn’t matter what kind it was, but now I rarely touch it. I used to drink a lot of coffee, but I don’t do that anymore either. In fact, the smell of flavored coffee turns my stomach, so I don’t get near Starbucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment