I was searching through the Knoxville Sentinal website today and found out that a couple of weeks ago, Rev. J. Bazzel Mull passed. I know that's not really news to those of you who still live around there, and I don't want to sound rude or crude, but I thought he already had. I know that must sound terrible, but he seemed so old when I was a kid. I guess every adult seems old when you're growing up.
I remember once hearing my mom tell someone she was 39 and that sounded so old to me. I must have been around 10 at the time, so 39 seemed light years away. Now 39 almost seems light years ago.
But I guess Rev. Mull, along with Cas Walker was probably the closest thing there was to icons when I was a kid. Everybody knew who you were talking about when you said their names even if they did have the hokiest television programs I've ever seen.
Ain't that right, Miss Mull?
No comments:
Post a Comment