Monday, November 20, 2006

Days Off

Alright, help me out here. We had two weeks off at Christmas, and the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving off, and that was it, right?

No fall break, no spring break.

I guess you could count fair day as a day off, since they let you go if you wanted to, which was dumb because the alternative was to stay at school all day. Let me see here, I can either go to the fair, or stay at school all day. Touch choice, that. :)

Brenda mentioned before that we got some time off during semester tests, but I don’t really remember that. I must have had reason to be more anxious about my tests. :)

Anyway, that was it, right? No time other than a few snow days here and there. And while you wanted at least a few of those, you didn’t want too many. I can remember a few times in junior high when we went half days on Saturday to make up for the days we missed because of snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember if we were actually free to leave school between tests or if we just sneaked off. I do remember going places around town such as Carl's and the A&W.