Sunday, December 10, 2006

Class of '70 by the Numbers

First of all this is all in fun. Please don’t take offense.

My transcripts say there were 129 of us but the yearbook has 128. Who is missing?

I’ve noticed that relatively small number of 128 (or 129 or whatever it is) broke down something like this….

70 girls and 58 guys

3 Allen – one was a first name
2 Barr
2 Bright
2 Delaney
2 Faulkner
2 Gray
2 Green
2 Guider
2 Hamilton
2 Henry
2 Jones
2 Knox
2 McKee
2 McNabb
2 Poole
2 Presley
4 Russell
2 Schrimsher
2 Stafford
2 Thomas
3 Watson
3 Williams… counting Ann who graduated as Trout.
Oh, and 8 that started with Mc

The funny part about all that, like Lynette and myself, I don’t think they were all related just because they had the same last name.

There were also….
3 Ann
4 Brenda
4 Debbie or Deborah
4 Donna
3 Doug
2 Edward or Eddie
2 Gail
2 Gary
2 Jackie – a he and a she
5 James or Jimmy
3 Janice or Janis
2 Janie
2 Jean or Jeanie
3 Joe and a Billy Jo
2 John
2 Cathey or Kathey
3 Larry
3 Mary and a Mary Ann
6 Mike or Michael
2 Pat or Patsy who were girls and a Pat who was a guy
3 Peggie or Peggy
2 Sharon although one went by Sherry
5 Sue or Susan
2 Wayne

Okay, when I compiled most of this, it was 2am and I was suffering from a bad case of heartburn. I couldn’t sleep and nothing I took worked, so I sat here til my eyes and brain became fuzzy. Anyway, when my brain was the fuzziest I also noticed there was a pattern to how we sat for our pictures.

Of the guys, 10 faced right, 22 were center and 26 faced left.
Of the girls, 21 faced right, 32 were center and 17 faced left.

Why is that almost reversed? A quirk of the photographer? It’s no doubt meaningless, but it is interesting in a strange sort of way. I guess I’ve spend too many years trying to make sense of numbers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might be right. Which would have added 2 Sandra to the list. :)