
Well, as you can see I've been surfing the internet again, and look what I found. Some guy went through East Tennessee taking pictures of all the depots and he even took one of ours. Is this still standing? The site didn't say how old the pictures were so I don't know if this was taken last week or last year or ten years ago.
When I was a kid some trains actually stopped here. We lived just below the Commerce Street crossing and I can remember waving at people on the old sleeper cars. I can also remember a couple of times we jumped one of the trains and rode it down to Philadelphia or somewhere near there. The trains slowed down for another station or something and we jumped off and walked back to Loudon. Cheap thrills, huh? Funny, but I don't remember anybody jumping a train going north. The railroad bridge must have made them squeamish. I know it did me, although I did walk across it a couple of times.
1 comment:
I remember riding the train to Sweetwater with my Grandmother Nicholson. She took me and my cousin, Darrell to the fair. I can't remember much about the ride but I remember she let us pick up a plastic duck at the fair - I think they had numbers and you got a prize if you picked the right duck. Guess that impressed me more than the train ride!
Post a Comment