Sunday, August 19, 2007

Going Back to School

I guess if I look back at the first week or so of school each year, it wouldn't be so surprising that most of us have lost track with one another.

In an area as small as Loudon, there would be a lot of kids I didn't see over the summer. Granted, I did not move in many circles, but I don't think many people did. We all had our close friends that we saw frequently, then there were those we might bump into a few times over the summer, and then there were those we didn't see at all.

So the first week or so was spent catching up. All the latest gossip. Who was going with who... who had broken up... who got a car... who was taller... the list could be as long as the people in our circle.

In a way, it was almost like learning each other all over again. Some who were boisterous became quiet, and some who were quiet opened up and became more outgoing. Maybe there was more stubble on this or that chin, or this or that girl had a few more curves. In some cases the changes could be dramatic over that short 3 month period.

No comments: