Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Travelogue

If you guys ever find yourself up in this direction I'd like to suggest a little place you might want to stop and visit. About half way between Louisville and Indianapolis on Interstate 65 is Columbus, Indiana. Get off I65 there and head west on Stare road 46 toward IU, and about half way to Bloomington you will come across a little town called Nashville. Yep, Nashville, and it even has a Little Opry Theater,

Nashville is in Brown County, and Brown County looks like somebody took a scoop out of the Tennessee foothills around Loudon and dropped it in southern Indiana. It makes me home sick every time we go down there. Spring, summer and fall, it would be tough to tell the two apart. I will grant you that winter would look a little different, but heck, why worry about a little snow? :)

Nashville, Indiana is full of little shops and stores where you can buy anything from clothes to food, and a lot of things you didn't even know you had a use for. Sort of like Gatlinburg, since it's touristy, or artsy, or whatever you want to call it. Actually the video of the sidewalk in front of Tic Toc's that I spoke about in the last post looks a little like Nashville, Indiana too.

Hey, better yet, call me when you get up here and I'll meet you and show you around myself. :)

No comments: