The other day I saw a picture online of a sign for Loudon and it's subtitle said "Est. 1870" Of course that brought to mind the Centennial we celebrated during our senior year. The biggest thing I recall is the high school waiving the dress code and letting guys grow beards, or should I say TRY to grow beards? As I recall there was a lot of peach fuzz growing around there, and John Williams put us all to shame. He looked like Grizzly Adams and most of the rest of us couldn't even make it to the Maynard G Krebbs level. But hey, it was fun to try.
The other part of it I remember is the time capsule. It's buried beside the court house and I can't remember if it was going to be opened in 50 years or 100 years. I figure if it's opened at 50 years, some of our class should be there, but if it's a hundred years, well... that's another story, except maybe for one or two that I always considered too ornery to even kick the bucket.
No comments:
Post a Comment