Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Match Made in.... Study Hall

The biggest restriction to adding posts to this blog is a self imposed rule that I won’t use names when there is even the least bit of doubt that the people involved might object. I want this to be a fun place and I want people to remember good memories, but not at the expense of causing anyone any embarrassment or discomfort. However, in school I was a prankster and sometimes that rule hamstrings what I can say here..

I’ve mentioned it before, but probably the most unique prank was one day in Study Hall when a couple of friends and I decided that a very quiet and shy guy and an equally quiet and shy girl would make a good couple. The trick would be to get them together, so since everyone said I “write like a girl”, I sent him a note and put her name on it while one of the other sent her a note and put the shy guy’s name on it. After that you sit back and watch the drama unfold.

The unique part to this is that the two actually dated a few times, although I honestly can’t say how long they dated or that our notes had anything to do with it, but I like to think the notes helped get it started.

Maybe if they’re at the next reunion I’ll ask them if they remember the notes.

No comments: