Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Am Not Really a Stalker

Although I will admit that sometimes I do feel like one. When beating the bushes for old classmates, or following leads you guys have given me, I have located a few people , and even though they don’t always respond, I’ve kept their location in mind. For example, Sunday afternoon I was looking at the LHS website just for grins and I noticed Arthur Kelso’s name was missing from the list of teachers. I hope wherever he is now, he’s doing well. That also brought to mind Debbie Husky who I had tracked to a particular site, and a quick look at her school’s site showed she had moved on too. Good luck to her also. Did I start looking at other school sites looking for them? No, I didn’t. I figure they’ve made their decision whether to participate or not. They are still welcome to join in, if and when they choose to, but I'm not doing the bloodhound work again, not just yet anyway.

When I approach someone about the sites, it’s to get their participation. If they respond to my email, I will answer them back as soon as I can in order to keep their interest up. After that I will only occasionally email them unless they email me more frequently. I figure this is just like school, some of us are a little on the quiet side.

I’ve said this several times before and I will repeat it often. I am not doing this to sell anything or pester anyone or get anything going with anyone other than as friends. There are no old romances, near misses or unfinished business that I want to dig up or start over. I am doing this because I want to bond once again with a bunch of people I felt close to and who have influenced my life a great deal,

No comments: