The more and more I consider what to put in here, the more and more I realize that long term memory is not the real issue. The real issue is short term memory.
I can remember quite a bit from high school as if it happened yesterday. Sometimes in fact, something fresh will pop into my head early in the morning or when I'm driving somewhere, and I think it will make a good post. Later, when I sit down at the keyboard, nothing comes to mind except this nagging thought that I should have made a note.
As the Stones said, "What a drag it is getting old."
So, I'm still open to suggestions. Anything and everything will be considered, just drop me a line and if I can't remember it I'll let you know. otherwise you might be helping me clear out a cob web or two. It can be anything. For example the next time you want to rag your kids or grandkids about how baggy his pants are or how tight her top is, try to imagine your father or grandfather going after a pair of jeans back in the 60s and coming back from the store saying, "All they had to buy were these damned bell bottoms. I don't see how in the world kids wear this stuff."
No comments:
Post a Comment