Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last Night I Forgot to Say Something That Needs Repeating

I'm sorry, but I have always wanted to use that line. It was uttered once by a TV baseball announcer and it totally reflects the haphazard way my mind works at times. Anyway, enough of that. The point here is that in an earlier post I mentioned some things that I saw in other places that reminded me of Loudon and the other night another one popped into my head.

At my first Air Force assignment, at one of the major intersections outside the base, there was a hardware store and a drug store that were side by side. They also shared the same sign post, so their signs were side by side as well. On one side of the pole it said GAYLE Hardware, and on the other side it said CUNNINGHAM Drug Store. Okay, so the first name spelling is a little different, but you get the point.

No comments: