Today I was shocked to take another step toward old-manhood, and I didn't even see it coming. I was working at my desk and I absentmindedly reached up to scratch one of those little insignificant itches... you know, one of the thousands you get that aren't associated with anything except maybe your skin drying out or something. Anyway, it was just below my neck, about even with my collar bone and dead center of the open collar of my shirt. I lightly scratched at it no more than twice and kept doing what I was doing.
A few minutes later I felt something else and looked down and I was bleeding like a stuck pig and it took forever to get it stopped. I kept holding Kleenex against it and it finally stopped after my trash can was half full of red spotted tissues. I put a band-aid on it for an hour or so but it didn't start up again, and I sat there feeling like Les Nessman with a band aid in such an odd place.
Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment