Friday, November 28, 2008

Loudon License Plates

My grandson Owen is visiting this week and today we took him and two other little ones out to lunch. We picked a spot in Fishers, Indiana called Loon Lake Lodge. The reason I bring all that up is I pulled into a parking space right beside a car with Loudon license plates, and as usual when I see Loudon plates I start to wonder if I knew who they were.

At times like this I don't give Loudon enough credit. I sometimes forget that I am only familiar with a portion of the county so odds are pretty good that I would not know who it was, but hey, it's fun to play the game.

It was a black Jag so I thought it was most likely from around Tellico, but there again I'm probably selling Loudon short. Inside the restaurant I looked around and thought the most likely people to be driving it were the ones at the table behind us and I looked the "Grandma and Grandpa" over pretty good, but they didn't look that familiar to me. They looked to be about our age, give or take a few years.

They left just before us and I was right, they got in the Jag, and while I'm sure I did not know them, it was fun for awhile thinking that I might.

No comments: