I finally got everything back up and running. Folks, I was not kidding when I said on the last post to watch your system. It took me a hard week to finally get everything back up to where I wanted it, and it's not even near where it was. I do this for a living but I absolutely hate to work on my own system, and like I told someone earlier, every now and again the computer gods throw something at you to remind you that you don't know everything, or even as much as you thought you did.
The finally tally was not pretty. I slaved my hard drive to the kid's machine and ran a virus scan against it. I had 638,000+ infected files. I wanted to salvage at least some tax records, my pictures and my mailbox, but the virus attacked every .exe file and every htm/html file and it gutted my profile. All I finally was able to get were the pictures of our trip to Hawaii and my music files, which in retrospect was pretty good.
So remember, back up now and back up often.
No comments:
Post a Comment