Sylvia Robinson had saved several Chieftains and loaned them to me to put on this site. There are 12 of them spaced out sparatically from September 1966 to March 1968. When I scanned them I used full color scan so the age would be fully appreciated. It's all there; the yellowed paper, the memeograph type, Sylvia's doodles and a few notes here and there, and a couple of the pages are faded, just like the memeograph machine was famous for.
Looking at them, I was struck by several things. Each one starts off with a devoational Bible scripture. You won't see that in a school publication anymore. Also, some of the stories are more than a little non-politcially correct, including some not so flattering things said here and there. You won't see that in a school publication anymore either. Lastly, they made me smile as I remember people I hadn't thought of in years.
They are posted along the right side of the blog.
Thanks for sharing Sylvia.
No comments:
Post a Comment