It fits on one page. From about the high school near the lower left to about the drive in on the upper right. One page.
The river didn't seem to meander as much as it really does, did it? And all those times I walked along Steekee Road, it never occurred to me that just the other side of that ridge line was Robinson Road. I never put two and two together.
Here's another way of looking at it:
The bumpy view. Hospital Hill really does dominate the area doesn't it. And Fort Hill, where the old high school was is prominate on the other side of town. That depression just to the southwest of Fort Hill that leads down to the river is real, I can attest to that. It was steep enough that if you jumped the fence behind the old Junior High School you could be down to the river before anyone noticed you were gone.
Sometimes I really miss that small world.
No comments:
Post a Comment