Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's Wrong with Basketball?

I'm a little frustrated. I've tried for a week to find anything about the 69-70 basketball team and cannot --- neither the boys or girls team. I'm not trying to downplay the accomplishments of the football team at all, heck you don't win a state championship every year, but you would think I'd be able to find a won-loss record or something like that somewhere on the internet, but not so far.

I did find this when I was looking:

Most Points in a Half - Team
158 Loudon vs. McMinn County February 14, 1956

Most Points in a Quarter - Team
94 Loudon vs. McMinn County February 14, 1956

Most Points in One Game - Team
197 Loudon vs. McMinn County February 14, 1956

Most Points Scored in a Quarter - Individual
46 Reed Stamey Loudon February 14, 1956

But heck, we hadn't even made the first grade when that happened.

Does anyone know at least the won-loss record? I would like to post something about the teams, championships or not.

1 comment:

trwoody said...

I don't know about the basketball, but you left off my favorite two Creedence songs....Run Through the Jungle and Fortunate Son...how dare you.....hahahaha