In 1968 I bought Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf on a 45. I don't even remember what was on the flipside, but I liked that song so much that just knew I'd like the whole album; and I did. Looking back though, I'm not sure I was ready for everything it had on it. I know my Grandma wasn't. She called it "that racket", which at the time I found funny coming from someone who liked Bluegrass music. Anyway, the one song that made her draw the line was the one I've posted as a memory this week. "I will not have that in my house!" Yep, that's pretty much drawing the line to me.
Anyway, it's the live version of "The Pusher", and if you've never heard it before, I don't want to bruise your sensitivities, but just listen until you get to the chorus and you'll find out what got her so stirred up.
No comments:
Post a Comment