Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Who Are You?

Sunday I had another reason to feel older. I was looking forward to the Super Bowl halftime show with The Who, but to be honest I was a little disappointed. To me it sounded like a bad, drunk karaoke impression of them. Obviously you can't get the sound quality outdoors as you can indoors, and I'm okay with that, but with Roger Daltry screaming in a strained, almost hoarse voice instead of singing, it just wasn't the same. Add to that Pete Townsend jumping around like he was 15 instead of 65, which I realize is something he's always done, but it made me realize why my kids look at me sometimes and say, "Dad, don't do that."

I liked the song choices though. Everyone of them brought back memories and smiles, so not everything was bad.

Besides, they unknowingly predicted the outcome of the game. When they finished I looked over and Sue and say, "The only thing worse than that would be if the Colts lost."

No comments: