I seldom drove in high school. Since then I've put 125,000+ plus miles on 8 different vehicles. I figured it up the other day and I am at or near a million driving miles. But in the last few years I seldom drive anymore than it takes to get back and forth to work or to church, not withstanding a few trips here and there to see the kids or visit Loudon.
Almost every Sunday in high school I was at church. Usually twice, and then again on Wednesday. Then there were a bunch of years with a lot of forgiving and forgetting packed into them. I figure I'm like everybody else. There's some things I wish I could take back and other things I wish I had done differently, but what's done is done. Now I'm back in church every Sunday and a lot of times in between. Heck, I've even worked a bunch of ministries and chaired a few.
In high school a some of you guys were around almost everywhere I went. In between I lost track of many of you for long stretches at a time. Over the past few years I've gotten closer to more of you again. Not to come around and hang out or be a pest, but just to be there if you ever want to reminisce or just talk.
Funny how that works out, huh? Life takes you to different places all the time, but in some ways, it's really not all that different.
No comments:
Post a Comment