Of course you do. We all dream at least a little. I don't know whether it's my age or my meds, but lately I've had some really good ones. The kind that when you wake up you want try to etch it in your mind so you can remember it for awhile, even though it seems like some of the best ones are the ones you can't grab quick enough to remember. The ones that flutter away with the alarm clock, forever to be gone.
I had one the other night that I thought was a bit unusual. We were at the reunion -- all of us -- and I could see everybody as they look now, or I guess the way my dream world thinks they should look. There was gray hair and wrinkles and pudginess everywhere, and I knew exactly who everyone was, even though they had changed.
I'm not sure what Freud would make out of that. Acceptance of my age? A sign that no matter how much we cling to memories of the "good old days", they are just memories, not reality? That my subconscious has a firmer grasp of things than my consciousness? I don't know. But I remember a few of them so it's going to be interesting to see how close my dream classmates are to the real ones I'll at the reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment