Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Home Stretch

For four years now the most common subject on the blog has been the reunion.  (Okay, so I have a one track mind :))  Anyway, it is closer than we think.  Almost 2 months, and like Delphia said, I'm getting excited.  I am honestly looking forward to cracks about my grey hair, my wrinkles and my weight.  At least I will know I was remembered.  Now wait, wasn't meant to sound forlorn, it's just that even something like that means something... well, as long as they don't throw in an S.O.B with it.

I was thinking the other night that this rickety old blog has just about petered out.  Sort of KBFB, but I'm okay with it.  Doesn't mean that I will stop posting things.  It does mean that I can change the subject a little and who knows, I might even let a zinger or two go that I've been telling myself isn't meant to be posted here.  Nah.  Those are still safe with me.

I am looking forward to seeing all you regulars so much.  It's going to be odd walking into a reunion and have all these rekindled friendships.  At most of the other reunions I had to relearn everybody, and they had to relearn me.

"I have been, and always will be, your friend."  --  Spock

No comments: