Thursday, December 08, 2011

Happy Holidays

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this, but it is a hectic time of year. I’m sure that’s no different than anyone else, but it is a good reason for me.

There are the holidays of course, but there are birthdays as well. Two of my kids and two of my grandkids were born in December, and there are 4 birthdays next month, including my own.

On a sadder note, my grandfather died right before Christmas one year, and my grandmother died just after the New Year’s Day another year. Those were many years ago, but they still add a somber memories to the all the festivities.

Then there are the bittersweet memories, both good and bad, Christmases in the past.

Add this all together and there is such a hodge podge of feelings, emotions and activities during this time of year, and there is really no way around it. And then, in the midst of it all, I realize that I’m no different than anybody else. We all have a ton of things going on now.

The bottom line is, I’ll update with something a little more meaty later, in the meantime, have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Oh, and this coming year is the one where most of us turn 60! Sorry to make you frown.

No comments: