Thursday, February 23, 2006

Best, Worst and Most Unusual

I was going to put up a post using this header as a guideline, but for the life of me I can't come up with a "Worst". There are some things I wish I hadn't done, and some things that if I could do over I would, but for the most part they were four great years (even though sophomore year was spent at Roosevelt High School in Atlanta, Georgia), shared with some of the greatest people it's ever been my pleasure to know.

The best has to be those I was closest to, and remained close to after I left. The best events included the state football championship, being the first class to go all four years in the new school, having classes with teachers like Mr. Headlee, Ms Stallings, Mr. Arp and even Mrs. Watkins; oh, and playing cat and mouse in the library with Ms Goode, and the Senior Banquet after which we were yelled at for taking things like the centerpieces and salt/pepper shakers for "souvenirs", and a million other moments and memories.

The most unusual would include the Driver's Ed car going through the cafeteria window, and the "student walk out" that was bought about by some long since forgotten wrong put upon us by school administration, when a bunch of us gathered in the big front entry hall (most out of curiosity I'm sure) while we waited for someone to take the lead and actually walk out. Nobody did, so we didn't; much to the amusement of the Herald reporter that waited for someone to do something he could write about in the paper.

What do you remember?

No comments: