Even if we are occupied with important things and even if we attain honor or fall into misfortune, still let us remember how good it once was here, when we were all together, united by a good and a kind feeling which made us perhaps better than we are. -- Dostoyevsky
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
The First Day
What I remember most about the first day of school was thinking, "Where in the hell did all these people come from?" At the junior high there was only 30 or 40 of us, and here was a boatload of people I didn't even know. I remember buddying up with Pat Lowe and Jabo Lynn in the crowd of people in front of the school. I had known Pat for several years, so any friendly face was welcome. I had no idea there were that many kids in the county.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment