Even if we are occupied with important things and even if we attain honor or fall into misfortune, still let us remember how good it once was here, when we were all together, united by a good and a kind feeling which made us perhaps better than we are. -- Dostoyevsky
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Embarrassing Moment
Okay, I'm not out to embarrass anyone but me, but I would like this place to be all about memories, so I'll start with some of mine. My first crush, and she shall remain nameless, stuck with me for awhile. I think all of freshman year I was moony-eyed over this girl and never once did I say anything to her other than hello. They say nothing ventured, nothing gained, so maybe I should have asked her out, but from a different perspective it can be nothing ventured, nothing lost, so I kept my mouth shut and my pride intact. Anyway, the crush cooled over time, like they all do, and eventually I did date a few times and had some awkward romances just like everyone else. But even though the crushed cooled, I carried it with me even after I left Loudon. Nothing serious, just a happy little nugget I could bring out and smile at from time to time. Then, at one of the reunions, I spent some time chatting with her and relived a few memories, and when it was time to go I said, "Bye *****, it was good talking to you," to which she said, "Yes it was fun, bye Jerry."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Probably no one else would remember this, but my most embarrassing moment in high school was when I tripped going UP the stairs in the gym. The gym was full and I fell with everyone looking (and laughing). I was a freshman so that made it even worse.
Post a Comment