Like most of you, over the past 30 years I’ve been running kids from pillar to post for one reason or another. Hardly a night goes by that at least one doesn’t have to be somewhere for something. I don’t mind, it’s part of the job of being a parent, but it does make me wonder about how much running around I did at that age. I really don’t remember that much. There were school and church events, but that was about it. Maybe it was just me, and everybody else was running around like crazy, but I can recall having to make excuses to go out.
Anyway, the point to all this is what did you stay in for, and I’m primarily talking about television. I will admit that in the past 15 years or so, I haven’t watched much television. I watch football and a little baseball, and I catch an occasional movie, but mostly I tend to agree with Bruce Springsteen... “57 channels and there’s nothing on...”
But there were shows that I would stay in for in high school. Laugh-In was one, I rarely missed it. I caught the Monkees most of the time. Andy Griffith, Gomer Pyle, Bewitched, and even Hee Haw. Also there was Bonanza, Gunsmoke, High Chaparell, and occasionally Dean Martin.
To me, the best night on television came a little later in the early 70s when CBS made it bearable to be home on a Saturday night with a line up that included All in the Family, Sanford & Son, Bob Newhart and Carol Burnette.
What were your favorites?
No comments:
Post a Comment