Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pictures of town

Someone passing through Loudon took pictures and posted them to the internet. This may be old hat to some of you, but I like finding things like this.



You know, it really isn't a bad looking old building.


My old record store! I understand they sell ice cream there now.


The old Five to Five, right? I believe this is a cafe or something now.


I'm told the post office is not here anymore either.



If I remember right, this one is up by the funeral home and used to be a cleaners at one time.


Without a doubt my favorite two of the set. If I'm not badly mistaken Kathey, the intersection next to the green awning is where you stood to take the pictures of the bridge. One of the things about Loudon that always amazed me, even when I was a kid, was on most late afternoons it would look like this and then on Saturday it would be bustling with people. I hope it's still that way. Don't tell me if it's not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember these sidewalks being filled with people on Saturday mornings. The red lights were really needed to cross the streets. Sometimes we had to drive around a while before we could find a parking space.