The blog is 6 months old now and it's been a lot of fun. My thanks to all who've contributed, suggested, visited and spread the word. I appreciate it all.
To me there’s an almost therapeutic part to all this. It's refreshing to go to a place where there's less bother, less worry, or a little less hub-bub. A place where you can clear you mind for a minute or two of the everyday drudgery and find a smile that might end up being your only smile for that entire day. When I lived in Monterey, California there was a place just below my apartment where a group of rocks extended out into the ocean. At low tide you could climb out on those rocks and the wind, waves and sea gulls were all you could hear; every other sound was erased, no traffic, no people, no worries. When you closed your eyes it was like you were in your own private little world and nothing else existed. It was my special place, a place to go when I needed to take a deep breath and unwind a little. My back porch. This place is a little like that; at least to me it is.
I’m not here every day, and usually when I am it's only for a few minutes at a time, but the rocks weren’t an all the time type thing either; stay a little too long there and you got trapped by the rising tide, stay a little too long here and I'd get nothing else done. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment