I realize I've been away for a long time, and every now and then I run across something that proves just how long it's been. I saw this story in the paper the other day:
"The "Battle of the Bridge" between Loudon and Lenoir City last Friday may have been the last between the rival high schools. Football coaches for each team confirmed that the teams are considering ending the series. "
I know that now they're in different divisions, and Lenior City probaby has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing Loudon. If they win it's against a smaller school so it doesn't mean as much, and if they lose, well, they lost to a smaller school and it impacts them more. That's too bad.
More than any other school, Lenior City was the one you loved to beat and hated to lose to. Most years it was THE game of the year, the high school version of Tennessee and Alabama, or at least it is to me. It's sad to see it end.
2 comments:
The coaches got together and decided to keep playing rivalry football. Loudon and L.C. will play each other again and again. Not playing each other in football was just to much to adjust too.
That's good news, even if I don't get to see them play. There's just some things that need to stay constant in this ever-changing world.
Post a Comment