Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Today is this blog's birthday. It's been a year.

You can thank Kathey Guider for the idea. I can't remember exactly what it was she said, but in an email she said something about all of us being able to connect and I figured, why not try a blog? So she hooked me up with Donna and they both sent me a few more names and email addresses and the rest, as they say, is history. :)

We have grown a little, here and there. Not quite at the rate I first imagined but I guess I thought everybody was like me and spent hours a day sitting at one of these boxes... okay.. so most of that time I'm supposed to be working, but I'm sitting here nonetheless.

This will be the 125th post. That works out to 10 posts a month, and I don't think that's bad at all. Granted, on some of them I had to stretch a bit for something to write about, but most of them were suggested by someone or came about out of something they said. Heck, a dream I had the other night made me remember the one about dissecting. (Another item Freud would have had a field day with, and no, I wasn't cutting anybody up in my dream) :)

It has been fun. I have enjoyed it a lot, and I fully believe it can and will get bigger and better. I would still like to get pictures and stories from all of you when you can. If you send me the write ups in an email, I'll make sure they get posted on here... under your name, not mine. And I'd also like to remind you of the other site, and to give some consideration to sending me your info for that site too. Again, if you know anyone not having access to the internet, I'll be more than happy to post their stuff too if someone sends it to me.

Thanks guys and gals... it's been fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug, I have really enjoyed the stories and memories you have written. It may have been 35+ years since we were walking the hall's at L.H.S. Just being reminded brings back the joy of the wonderful times we all shared.THANK YOU !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No. Thank you. All of you. Any trip is made better by good company.