Along about this time each summer we started making plans for school. Most of us had been working a couple of months and the money was burning a hole in our pockets. What to wear, what to wear?
You made it a point to drop in the 5 to 5 or Family Fashions, and a couple of stores in Lenoir City I don't remember the name of, and you looked over the clothes racks. Which pants and which shirt? Oh, and you couldn't buy a shirt without socks to match. And how many of each? You knew what you had left over from last year, but you couldn't wear that again. So you had to pick enough new stuff to look like you were keeping up with everyone else.
I remember right before Senior year I even bought a suit. Me, in a suit! I only wore it to church. :)
I will never forget the eye sore outfit I wore to the banquet Senior year. Brown checked pants, burnt orange shirt (with socks to match), orange and white stripped tie, and a Tennessee orange blazer. If I had bothered to look at myself in the mirror that night I would have probably laughed my butt off, but at the time I thought it looked alright. Thankfully, nobody had a camera. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment