Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Listening to the Football Game

Last Friday night I listened to the football game on the internet. I hadn't done that in awhile, but it was actually good to listen. The announcers, I didn't catch their names, will never be on TV announcing NFL games, but they did a pretty good job. They gave it that small town feel. They got excited when the team did well, and complained a couple of times too, but while they were 'homers' they also made some fair comments about both teams. All in all a good job.

Anyway, as I sat there I started thinking about some of the names I was hearing and wondering if I knew their parents, or heck, grandparents by now.

One name was McNew. The only McNews I knew were Mack and Allen.

Another one was Brown. There is a boatload of Browns, so I don't know if I knew their people or not. The same with Russell and Davis and Hawkins.

One was Green. Darlene, is that one related to you?

There was also a Ward, a Watson, a Lawson and a Wallace. I am related to one set of Wallaces on my Mom's side, so that one might be a distant relative of mine. :)

No comments: