Ever ride one? I went a few times. I remember Lenior City once, and I think Clinton, and one of the McMinns (not sure if it was County or Central), and I think Rockwood... or was it Harriman? As you can see these memories aren't all that strong.
All I can remember is they were louder than heck going and the mood coming back depended on whether we won or lost. Once I can even remember sleeping most of the way back.
The thing is, I don't really remember how we got to any of those places. It was before the interstate so it was all backroads.... or at least what might be called backroads now... back then they were "highways". Kingston, Harriman and Rockwood were all down 72 (I think). I couldn't get there now without taking I75 to I40.
Do they still have pep buses? I figure more kids drive these days so maybe they're not as common as they were. I think most of us depended on someone else or rode a bus to school so we had more need for a pep bus. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it just seemed that way, but the parking lot at school is sure a lot bigger now.
1 comment:
I remember riding the pep bus a few times, once to McMinn Central to a basketball game. I can't remember how I got home after the bus brought us back to the school. I also remember going to a lot of the home games (basketball and football) but I don't remember how I got there or how I got back home. Help me out, Kaye, do you remember if your parents took us?
Post a Comment