I love the wind and rain. The more blustery it is the better I like it. I love the thunder and the lightning too. Sometimes I’m like a dog with its head stuck out the window of a moving car. I turn my face into the wind, close my eyes, and let it whisk away the stress and tension. It never fails to do the job.
Loudon made me that way. Remember how the rain would seem to linger for days, if not weeks at a time? It was almost like the rain clouds would get hung up in that valley and not know the way out. There were countless weeks when it seemed that if it was raining on Monday it would still be raining on Friday, or it started on Friday and rained all weekend long.
I used to hate it. When I was younger it was another day we couldn’t play, or I would have to walk to school in it and be soaked by the time I got there. After awhile though, I found myself enjoying it. There is a quiet to a steady rain that muffles noise and makes it so peaceful, and thunderstorms would leave the air smelling fresh and sweet from the ozone.
I bet you didn’t know that the trees’ moving is what makes the wind blow did you? Yep, they do! And thunder and lightening are from the clouds bumping together. That’s true too. Ask any kid. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment