True story. Last night I had the strangest dream. I dreamt I lived in a house that was only partially finished. I remember the porch wrapped around at least three sides of the house and was very deep and it was made with wide boards and was open and airy, despite a solid banister that came up to my waist.
To get to my house I had to stop beside this other house with the same type porch and then walk across that porch and thru this mall-like area full of little frou-frou shops and cafes, each with several small tables on the sidewalk out front. These tables and the people at the mall made it extremely hard to get though.
I couldn’t see anyone at the first house, but I could somehow “sense” who lived there and when I walked across their porch I lingered for a few minutes, wanting to invite them to my house. I knew they were there, because as I approached the house I could see their cars parked out back, but I never bumped into them.
The weird part to the dream is although I couldn’t “see” the people in this house, I knew who they were; John Rose, Debbie Husky and Jake Lane.
I guess you don’t have to be Freud to interpret the dream. Over the past couple of years I have attempted to contact each of them, along with many others, but I haven’t tried to contacting them in a long time.
In psychology class once we were told dreams like this meant you were obsessing over something, but I don’t think I am, or at least no more than I have been in the past. There is also nothing significant about either of the people involved that I’m aware of . They were all three what I called “hall friends”, meaning we spoke when we saw each other, but didn’t move in the same circles and very seldom saw each away from school.
I would still like them to stop by my place for a visit though. :)
1 comment:
I have strange dreams too. One dream I've had many times is about a house we live in - part of the house is nice and the other part is run down. The real nice area is haunted so we can't stay in it. We have to stay in the run down area. Every time we try to "live" in the nice part of the house, we(me and the girls, Bruce is not there for some reason) get real scared and have to back to the run down area. I've had this dream many times over the last 35 years.
Post a Comment