Everybody has spring fever, or so it seems. It was marked in high school by staring out the window the entire time we were in Journalism or some other equally exciting class. Two of the big events at this time of year are spring break and the prom. I’m sure we’ve talked about these before, but I have never participated in either.
One of the guys here took his family to Florida last week for spring break. This past Monday morning he made the statement it was going to be his last time driving because it was too crowded and took too long to drive back. Well, duh! They were all snowbirds just like him.
Before we moved here, I had never lived anywhere spring break was popular. In the 7 years we have been here it seems like everybody wants to scurry off somewhere. I still don’t feel the urge. My young ones have never expressed a desire to go anywhere during this time either, and while it would be good to get out of the snow for awhile, we would just have to come back, and it would probably feel colder when we did. I noticed on the LHS website that they have a spring break scheduled. I hope they all have a good time.
The poll this week is based on something I wasn’t quite sure about. Can underclassmen attend the proms? If they can, then I suppose theoretically you could go to 4 of them. If they can’t, then it really shows how little I know about such things. My sons usually go by themselves. They say that way they can dance with whoever they want to. I guess they’re not a chip off the old block where that is concerned. I can’t dance well and I can't dance with just anybody, and even when I do it’s only after a few beers. :)
1 comment:
(from Brenda) My grandson is going to the prom this year. Now that makes me feel old!
Post a Comment