There are obviously a lot of ways to tell you are getting older. There are the usual ones like grey hair and more wrinkles and maybe a few extra pounds here or there, but there are some other ways too, and some of those vary by person.
Today is Friday, and I used to almost live for Friday night --- football games, basketball games, cruising, maybe a party. I can remember when I first joined the USAF I could do 3 or 4 things on a Friday night if I did them right. As the song says, at 17 you can’t see much past Friday night. They should change that to be between 15 and 25.
Anymore though, my Friday nights are a lot different. I said before I don’t watch much TV, but I do like to watch movies, and if I don’t have to take the kids anywhere or there is no work or social commitment, I like to find a movie on cable or DVD, and watch it as I lay there and fall asleep. I know it sounds silly or odd, but I like doing that, and it’s more for what it represents than for what it actually is.
It means I have nowhere else to be or nothing else to do, I don’t have to be up at any certain hour, and everything can wait until tomorrow. As long as the kids stick to what should be their agenda everything is quiet and peaceful in our house, and I can be lazy.
Just thinking about it makes me yawn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment