Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Sign

I've discovered another sign that I might be getting *ahem* older.  The week before last Sue went to California to visit her Mom and we took advantage of the opportunity to put my car in the shop for a few days and I drove hers.  During that time I didn't have my music with me, so I had to listen to her radio and I realized just how much commercial radio really does suck!  Pop is a combination of rap and people who sound like they all came off American Idol, the Eagles of the early 70s were closer to country than most of the stuff played on country stations these days, jazz and easy listening are almost nonexistent and the old rock they do play is cut up and truncated so as not to displace too many of their precious commercials.

Okay, one of the rules I made for myself when I post things here is that I would not climb on too many soapboxes, so I'll leave it at that for now.  I'll just say that I'm more and more of an oldies man, the music that starts in the 50s and goes through the early 80s.  I'm more comfortable with it.

There was a time we joked about the oldie goldie moldies, or what we used to call "skatin' rink" music... the bee bop stuff of the 50s, but now it sounds pretty darned good, and so does the 60s or 70s, the music we listened to.  Besides, a lot of it reminds me of you guys.  :)

No comments: