I had a dumb idea today. I thought it might be fun to answer some of the things people wrote in my yearbook. Did we all write the same things when we signed? Special things to those we felt close to and short little greeting card type things for those we were at a loss for something to say to? Okay, so maybe I was the only one who did that. :)
So here goes. Let's see if this works.
Jane,
Nope, I haven't forgotten riding sleds down the hill and how could I forget the fun in History with you and Bonnie and Kenny and Steve?
Freddy,
Yeah, it did seem like we knew each other forever, although 500 years would be a bit of an exaggeration. I'll see you on the other side buddy.
Daniel,
You sang better than I did in the library. Mostly all I did was whistle.
John,
You are right. The four years went by way too quickly and they weren't bad at all. In fact they were great The almost 40 years since have passed a little too fast also.
Barbara,
Thanks for complimenting my drawing, even to the point of defending it. Even Picasso had his detractors :)
Peggy,
Yes, I know I managed to tick you off more than once, but I was never really more than a little irritated with you, and yes I changed my mind about being a bachelor all my life. That pledge lasted a whole two years. :)
Kaye,
Little did you know when you said keep in touch that I would show up on your doorstep in Memphis 20 years later! You had hardly changed a bit and I bet you still haven't changed all that much.
Wayne M,
I wasn't lazy. I was conserving energy. Later Bro.
Allen,
You were a fair "brother" too. It's hard to believe that both of you are gone way, way too soon.
That's obviously not all of them, but I'll stop there. I don't know about you, but I think they read a little differently when you read them like you were going to answer them. They brought back more than a few great memories, a belly laugh or two and more than enough tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment