It was only four years, there were really just a few of us and it was so long ago --- why is it so indelibly etched in our memory?
I've said it before and I'll say it again --- we became men and women together. It is not exactly the same type of bond men in battle have, but we will always carry that with us... good or bad... happy or sad. When I ask my older kids where do they consider 'home' to be, (and they each lived in 4 or 5 places) they always say the place they spent their high school years.
There were so few of us, but the sweetness of it is that the number of memories can be multiplied that many times and depending on who we sit and talk to, there are that many different memories. I didn't circulate with everyone, none of us did, but when I look at our yearbook I can remember something about everybody I see. Some class or event or even just an encounter, but I can still sit down with them and say "Hey, remember when?"
I bet you can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment