Friday, September 05, 2008

The People I Knew

As Freshmen there were 153 of us.

As Sophomores there were 150 of us.

As Juniors there were 123 of us.

As Seniors there were 129 of us.

That is a lot of coming and going.  Where they went and where they came from varies a lot.  Some graduated early, while others from the Junior class joined us by graduating early.  Some moved away while others moved in.  Some changed schools while at least 2 that I know of quit.

In fact, it seems that when I think about it, quitting was a viable option for some.  Whether they needed to in order to work or just wanted to, it was an option some chose.  I don't think people quit school as much today as they did back then.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I do know that it was an option I thought about very early in our Junior year, and one that I may have chosen had I stayed in Atlanta --- but the McNabb family was kind enough to offer me a place to stay and the rest, as they say, is history.  I don't even want to think about what my life would have been like had I actually quit.

No comments: