As much as the faculty would like us to believe otherwise, we went to high school for social reasons more than anything else. There were people we saw there that we didn’t see anywhere else, so a good portion of the time that was the priority.
However, there were also times when you needed your space… a place to think without interruption or without someone trying to do our thinking for us. While I wouldn’t call 500-600 people a huge crowd, it was still hard to find such a place when you needed one. Here’s a few places I found.
The auditorium. Hardly anyone went there, so if you dodged a few people coming or going from band class, you could catch a few minutes of quiet solitude.
Under the overhang, just off the AG and Industrial Arts hallway. This was usually fairly secluded too and you could be outside even if it was raining, and it had facilities nearby to boot.
Outside the building, but away from the cafeteria and smoking areas. I spent a lunch hour every once in awhile walking around the building, either by myself or maybe one other person.
No comments:
Post a Comment