Sometimes my mind flits around from place to place until it lands on something. Today, it's pep buses.
I think I only rode the pep bus 4 times. Once to Kingston or Rockwood, once to Clinton (I think) and once each to Alcoa and Maryville.. We always drove to Lenoir City.
It has to be a much shorter trip now than it was almost 40 years ago. I think the Kingston/Rockwood trip was the longest, but I really didn't pay that much attention. I was too busy talking, just like everyone else. We went to Clinton through Knoxville, and I'm not sure about Alcoa/Maryville, but I think we went through Friendsville.
Anyway, going was always fun. The trip back depended on whether we won or not, which I think we did win 3 of them. They were loud too, even if we lost. But it was fun to just shoot the bull, usually about other people. I don't remember who it was with any certainty, but on one of the trips a couple in the back were having a great time with each other. Not by today's standards of course, but it was enough in a bus full of kids hungry for gossip.
Too bad we didn't have digital cameras... to take pictures of the games of course. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment