Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Morning After

Like the song says, there's got to be a morning after. I hope we've all had more of the good ones than the bad ones. You know what I mean right? Like the morning after you were married and you woke up next to that person. Hopefully there more thoughts of "I can't believe we're finally married", than there were of "What in the hell did I get myself into!?!" How about the morning after your baby was born and you smiled almost ear to ear even though you had to get up during the night to feed it? Or the day after you moved into your brand new house and you woke up with a million things running through your mind that you wanted to get done? Those kind of morning afters.

What was going through your mind when you woke up on June 6, 1970? Were you happy? Scared? Bewildered? Worried? Relieved?

How about a few months later when the new school year started, did you think about what was going on at school? Did it feel odd not to be going? Did you miss it?

No comments: